Sometimes I find myself craving something for days at a time, and ever since I got back from my business trip in California I have been wanting crab cakes. I had the best crab cakes in the history of crab cakes in San Diego. I tried to recreate them, so here is the recipe I came up with! Enjoy!
- 1 16oz can of Crab meat
- 1/3 cup of Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup of mayo ( I used the brand Just Mayo)
- salt and pepper to taste
- tablespoon of Worcestershire
- 1/2 a teaspoon of garlic powder
- about 5 sprigs of chives diced
- handful of diced parsley
- teaspoon of whole grain mustard
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
Mix all of this in a bowl and form into patties, this made about 4 large patties and I used a little handful to top a piece of my salmon with. Then heat your skilled to medium heat and drizzle a little olive oil. Cook each crab cake until golden brown on each side about 5 minutes each. Serve with your favorite aioli or remoulade!