You’re probably thinking to yourself, did she just say healthy and Alfredo in the same sentence? Damn right I did. Sometimes I crave a rich creamy comfort meal with pasta and a hearty Alfredo sauce. But I am trying to be healthy here so I came up with this recipe for a healthy alternative. Half the guilt and half the calories. I paired this with my gluten free brown rice pasta and some leftover blackened chicken and I tossed in some asparagus.
You will need :
- 2 containers of plain Greek yogurt ( I used two of the small cups of chobani)
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup of plain almond milk ( can use regular milk or soy milk or any other dairy free milk)
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
Blend all of this in a food processor or blender! Top your favorite pasta, chicken, fish, or even dip veggies in it. Enjoy!
To find some other ideas to use plain Greek yogurt go to Chobani’s site http://www.chobani.com/products/plain#non-fat-plain