This recipe started off as a roasted veggie Lasagna and then I realized I used my tomatoes for the chili I made last week. So I had roasted veggies and ricotta and then I had some lemon and veggie pasta. Threw it all together and it was deliciouso.
I’ve always been a fan of the lemon and ricotta flavors. It’s light, creamy, and refreshing. This is definitely a great summer dish.
I have been obsessing over this Italian market by my Job because they have the best local produce, fresh meats, homemade cheeses and bread. It’s the best hidden gem I have ever found. Nothing like an authentic Italian market and local produce.
- 2 zucchinis
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 box of your choice pasta
- 1 container of ricotta (I used fresh ricotta from the market)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of reserved pasta water
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh basil ( I didn’t have any but I would recommend it)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Cut your veggies and mince the garlic
- Place them in a bowl and coat them evenly with olive oil, sprinkle of Parmesan, pepper, and Italian seasoning (I always salt my veggies after roasting them because if you salt it before it brings out the moisture) with tomatoes and zucchini if you salt them before it tends to get mushy.
- Roast your veggies on a baking tray evenly spread out for about 25 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta in salted water
- Reserve 1 cup before draining completely
- Add your ricotta, lemon juice, seasoning, lemon zest, parmesean, and the rest of your olive oil
- Toss in your veggies and enjoy!
- I made some baked chicken with mine. I marinated my chicken over night in Italian dressing and baked it in the oven for 20 minutes along with the veggies